- Corinthians 1:4-14 tells everyone who reads it that the GOD of the Christian is the GOD “Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of GOD. For as the sufferings of CHRIST abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by CHRIST. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is steadfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
- “For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in GOD which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that HE will yet deliver us; Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
- “For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and Godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of GOD, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end; As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the LORD JESUS.”
- JESUS knows the end of everything.1 When HE boarded the ship with HIS disciples, HE knew there would be a tempest, a violent one, before HE went to sleep in the back of the ship. The Greek words state that the tempest was so bad the sea was enveloping the ship to sink it. JESUS never worried! Worry is the cause of many diseases and causes millions to be on many medicines. The disciples had enough sense to go to JESUS in prayer. “LORD, save us: [before] we perish” (Matthew 8:25). JESUS simply rebuked the sea and the wind, and there was a great calm (Matthew 8:26).
- Lazarus was sick and died. JESUS wasn’t worried. When JESUS heard of Lazarus’ sickness (and knew of his death), HE stayed two days more where HE was staying. HE then told HIS disciples, “Let us go into Judaea again.” HIS disciples reminded HIM (they thought), “The Jews of late sought to stone THEE; and goest thou thither again?” JESUS never worried. “JESUS answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not [if any man walks in the HOLY SPIRIT, he doesn’t stumble, because he is able to see where GOD is directing him], because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night [without the SPIRIT of GOD’S direction], he stumbleth, because there is no light in him [These people are always worried!].
- “These things said HE: and after that HE saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said HIS disciples, LORD, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit JESUS spake of his death: but they thought that HE had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said JESUS unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. [JESUS never worried. What does worry do but cause sickness? HE was letting HIS disciples know that HE knew the future, as HE knows the present and the past.2 HE said,] And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe [in HIS WORD and HIS ability to do all things (good) and to know all things]; nevertheless let us go unto him” (John 11:1-15).
- “Then said Martha unto JESUS, LORD, if THOU hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever THOU wilt ask of GOD, GOD will give it THEE. JESUS saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto HIM, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. JESUS said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in ME, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in ME shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto HIM, Yea, LORD: I believe that THOU art the CHRIST, the SON of GOD, which should come into the world.
- “And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The MASTER is come, and calleth for thee. As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto HIM. Now JESUS was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met HIM. The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
- “Then when Mary was come where JESUS was, and saw HIM, she fell down at HIS feet, saying unto HIM, LORD, if THOU hadst been here, my brother had not died. When JESUS therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, HE groaned in the SPIRIT, and was troubled, And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto HIM, LORD, come and see. JESUS wept. Then said the Jews, Behold how HE loved him! And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died? JESUS therefore again groaning in HIMSELF cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
- “JESUS said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto HIM, LORD, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. JESUS saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of GOD? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid.
- “And JESUS lifted up HIS eyes, and said, FATHER, I thank THEE that THOU hast heard ME. And I knew that THOU hearest ME always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that THOU hast sent ME. And when HE thus had spoken, HE cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. JESUS saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which JESUS did, believed on HIM” (John 11:21-45).
- This same JESUS said, If you believe, thou shalt be saved.3 Call on HIM now by this prayer and you will be saved:
- My LORD and my GOD, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that JESUS CHRIST is the SON of the living GOD. 2 I believe that HE died on the cross and shed HIS precious blood for the forgiveness of all my former sins. 3 I believe that GOD raised JESUS from the dead by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT 4 and that HE sits on the right hand of GOD at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart, and I invite YOU into my heart, LORD JESUS. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that YOU shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 YOU will not turn me away, LORD JESUS; YOU will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because YOUR WORD, the Bible, says so. 8 YOUR WORD says that YOU will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that YOU have heard me, and I know that YOU have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank YOU, LORD JESUS, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as YOU command and sin no more.11
- You’ve just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up your cross daily and follow JESUS for the purpose of mortifying your flesh, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of CHRIST.
- Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of CHRIST. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God with Christ on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for GOD in CHRIST on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the WORD of GOD, submit yourselves one to another, and do what the WORD says so that the church and the world may see evidence of your submission to GOD’S WORD, HIS order, and HIS authority in and by you.
- Praise the LORD. May GOD bless and reward you abundantly.
A new year is fast approaching, which brings with it the opportunity to reorder our lives and set in place rhythms that help nourish our